Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Dr Bronner's Balm VS Badger Balm







I think it's always useful to compare two similar products from different brands to see which one works best, at least it is for me :) 
Last year I reviewed Badger Balm Cuticle Care, I was satisfied with it and in love with its smell  ^-^ 
Since I always want to try new products, I decided to try Dr Bronner's Body Balm
I chose the Patchouli-Lime one, it has a nice smell but can't be compared to Badger Balm sorry, they are at different levels! 
The consistency is pretty similar, they are both balms which result oily once applied but will soon be absorbed by the skin. 





At the top of the list of ingredients there are Jojoba Oil, Beeswax, Avocado and Hemp Oils, then Tocopherol, Patchouli and Lime essential oils. The list is short, it contains the right compound, is it effective? 
It's a pleasant balm that's easily absorbed by the skin, I use it at night on my cuticles and nails. I noticed that it doesn't work as well as the Badger's one, despite its valuable ingredients, so I tried to find a reason for it. 
Comparing the INCIs it's evident that they are meant for different uses: indeed Dr Bronner's one was born to restore and heal new tattoos, so the big quantity of beeswax can be easily understood since it has a protective effect; Badger Balm instead is purely recommended to be used for softening cuticles, hence it contains more oil phase components and less beeswax. 
In my case I'm simply looking for a cuticles softener and soother, so I'd go again for my Badger! :) 











No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...